Day 1: CATANIA
Arrival transfer from airport to hotel. Welcome drink at your hotel. Accommodation and then welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight.
Day 2: CATANIA
Buffet breakfast and start of your LGBT guided tour of Catania, one of Sicily's most important cities. Here you can discover why this city is called "black-city", especially for its Baroque-style and the dark color of the façades created by the lava stone from Mount Etna. After the town was destroyed because of an eruption, its old part was rebuilt in a Baroque style. Walk through its UNESCO city center, where you will admire charming piazzas, streets and markets, exploring the ruins of the Roman amphitheater, the Ursino Castle, a massive fortification built for Frederick II in the XII century, and the beautiful Bellini Theatre, dedicated to the great musician from Catania. Lunch on your own to try local specialities. In the afternoon, free time for individual visits and shopping. Free time in the evening and dinner on your own. Overnight at your hotel.
* Rainbow Tips: Catania has a flourish gay life, enjoy the night in one of the many LGBT bars and clubs like Pegaso’s Circus, Codice Rosso (cruising bar - more transgressive), Villa Romeo and Nievski bar.
Day 3: PIAZZA ARMERINA – AGRIGENTO
Buffet breakfast and departure to Piazza Armerina. Here you can admire the famous Villa Romana del Casale, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its well preserved mosaics depicting mythological themes and hunting scenes. Lunch in a local farmhouse where you will have the chance to taste some local products. Afterwards continue to Agrigento for a visit to the famous Valley of the Temples in Agrigento (entrance fee included), one of Sicily's most famous historical attractions. Here follow your LGBT Friendly Tour Guide to appreciate this splendid archeological park which consists of 8 temples built between about 510 and 430 BC. Dinner on your own in this area before moving to your hotel and overnight.
Meals: B - L
Day 4: CALTAGIRONE – DONNAFUGATA CASTLE – RAGUSA – NOTO
Buffet breakfast and travel to Caltarigione, one of the most lively Baroque towns in central Sicily. It’s known in Italy as “The city of Sicilian ceramics” due to its thousand-year-old tradition. The name itself – Caltagirone – derives from an Arabic word meaning the Castle or Fortress of the vases. Back on the road and continue to Donnafugata Castle. Typical lunch at a local trattoria, an Italian-style eating restaurant, accompanied by wine tasting. Short visit of the Castle, with its white façade and Venetian Gothic loggia, that gives you a warm feeling of pleasure and it seems to come out from a fairytale. Afterwards continue to Ragusa. Discover the famous UNESCO Ragusa Ibla with the Basilica of San Giorgio and the Hyblean Gardens, which offer some fantastic views of the town. Continue to the capital of Barroco, Noto, which has been awarded as one of the most important LGBT destination in Italy by Geta (Gay European Travel Association). This is a new international LGBT center in Sicily and one of the city more evocative town with its beautiful attractions. Night walking tour to discover its old town is often compared to a stage setting: the ensemble of palaces, churches e squares and a view reaching all the way to the sea will inspire your imagination. Exclusive aperitiv in a beautiful location. Dinner on your own and free time for party. Overnight.
* Rainbow Tips: Relax yourself in one of the many LGBT Beaches like Spiaggia di Eloro o Pizzuta in Noto area.
Meals: B - L
Day 5: AVOLA – SYRACUSE – ORTIGIA
Buffet breakfast and departure to the beautiful town of Avola. Here you can admire wide sandy beaches, delicious almond specialities and the famous red wine Nero d'Avola - that is what the town is well known for beyond its boundaries. The people here still live mostly on farming, vineyards and groves of lemon, orange and almond trees characterize the landscape. Visit of a local wine cellar followed by a wine tasting. Continue to Siracusa. First stop in the Archaeolgical Park of Neapolis, which includes a range of monuments like the Greek theatre. Lunch on your own in the center of Syracuse. Don't miss the opportunity to taste typical Sicilian street food. Afterwards visit of the city with the Cathedral (entrance fee included) and the Fonte Aretusa. Continue to the magic Ortigia, the historical heart of Syracusa. Here you can admire the architectural beauties of different historical periods, Prehistoric settlements, Baroque, Byzantine and Norman Greek art. Continue to your hotel and dinner in a beautiful location near Mount Etna. Overnight.
Meals: B - D
Day 6: MOUNT ETNA – WINE & GASTRONOMIC TOUR
Buffet breakfast and departure with your personal Gastronomic & Wine Expert by Circumetnea Train (not available on Sundays) to Mount Etna area, the highest active Volcano in Europe. Arrival in Castiglione di Sicilia and visit to the Vineyards and Wine Cellar in Rovitello. Walking tour of Castiglione di Sicilia, resting on a hill on the north side of Etna. This is the archetype of the typical hilltop village, with houses perched along the slope. Afterwards continue to Piano Provenza Etna and lunch with typical products. Continue to a wine cellar in Milo, where you will visit the vineyard and production facilities and taste ETNA DOC wines. Back to the starting point and to your hotel. Continue to Taormina. Free time for relax and dinner on your own. Overnight.
Meals: B - L
Day 7: TAORMINA
Buffet breakfast and departure to Taormina, the Mediterranean Pearl, which is located on a natural terrace sheer above the sea. Discover with your LGBT Friendly Tour Guide the charming and ancient Greek theater is one of the most suggestive spots (entrance fee included), on a fantastic position and dipped into the blooming nature of this land. Enjoy the view which goes straight across the sea and reaches the Calabria coasts, the town of Siracusa and the Etna's peak. Lunch on your own to taste local specialities. In the afternoon free time for individual visits. In the late afternoon, exclusive aperitif followed by dinner in Castelmola from where you will enjoy the splendid view over Taormina and the Golf of Naxos Gardens. Overnight at your hotel.
* Rainbow Tips: Have fun in one the most suggestive Bar in Castemola, the Bar Turrisi, worldwide famous for its penis sculptures which will surround you.
* Rainbow Tips: Live the LGBT Friendly atmosphere in one the many Bars in Taormina like Fashion, La dolce vita, Shatulle, Tyke Bar and Ziggy Bar.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 8: CATANIA
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
- Accommodation in LGBT selected Hotels
- Transportation by Deluxe AC Private Minibus as per the Itinerary
- Private Transfer IN Airport Catania – Hotel Catania
- Private Transfer OUT Hotel Taormina area – Airport Catania
- LGBT Friendly Tour Guide for Gaily Tours and Excursions (from 1 up to 5 people)
- LGBT Friendly Tour Leader or Guide throughout the itinerary for Small Groups (from 6 people)
- Welcome Drink
- 3-Course Welcome Dinner in Catania at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Half Day – Gaily Tour of Catania
- Entrance Fee - Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina
- 3-Course Lunch in Piazza Armerina area at a local farm house (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Entrance Fee - Valley of Temples in Piazza Armerina
- Half Day – Gaily Tour of Agrigento
- 3-Course Lunch in Donnafugata Castle area at a local trattoria (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Entrance Fee – Donnafugata Castle
- Exclusive Aperitif in Noto
- Half Day – Gaily Tour of Noto
- Visit to a Wine Cellar in Avola area + Wine Tasting (3 Wines)
- Entrance Fee – Archaeological Park of Neapolis
- Entrance Fee – Cathedral of Syracuse
- 3-Course Dinner in Mount Etna area at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Half Day – Gaily Tour of Syracuse & Ortigia
- Ticket Train Circumetnea
- Guided Tour of 2 Wine Cellars in Etna area + Tastings
- 3-Course Lunch in Etna area at a local Trattoria (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Gastronomic & Wine Expert
- Entrance Fee – Greek Theatre
- Exclusive Aperitif in Taormina
3-Course Dinner in Castelmola at a local restaurant (½ Water, ¼ Wine, Coffee or Tea)
- Half Day – Gaily Tour of Taormina
- Tips, City Taxes and everything not listed under “Included features”
LGBT Hotel CollectionACCOMMODATION:
2 Nights in LGBT Friendly Hotel 4 * in Catania – Il Principe (or similar)
1 Night in LGBT Friendly Hotel 4 * in Agrigento – Scala dei Turchi Resort (or similar)
2 Nights in LGBT Friendly Hotel 4 * in Noto – Villa Favorita Relais (or similar)
2 Nights in LGBT Friendly Country Boutique Hotel in Taormina area - Zash (or similar)
- Il Principe Hotel 4* or similar
Via Alessi, 24, Catania CT
Tel. 095 250 0345
- Scala dei Turchi Resort 4* or similar
Strada Provinciale 68, 92010 Loc.Scala dei Turchi, Realmonte AG
Tel. 0922 816572
- Villa Favorita Relais 4* or similar
S.P. 35 SNC, 96017 Noto SR
Tel. 0931 820219
- Zash - Agriturismo Country Boutique or similar
Via strada provinciale 2/I-II n. 60, 95018 Archi, Riposto CT
Tel. 095 782 8932
* Price per person sharing a double/twin room:
|Dates||12 guests||10 guests||8 guests|
|Low Season||€ 1700||€ 1800||€ 2050|
|Mid Season||€ 1750||€ 1850||€ 2100|
|High Season||€ 1800||€ 1900||€ 2150|
|Single supplement: € 270|
|Dates||6 guests||4 guests||2 guests|
|Low Season||€ 2350||€ 2600||€ 3700|
|Mid Season||€ 2400||€ 2700||€ 3800|
|High Season||€ 2450||€ 2800||€ 3900|
|Single supplement: € 270|
Rates are Commissionable
*The itinerary is on request and rates are subject to the availability of the hotels at the time of booking. Prices are subject to change if travel occur during trade shows, bank holidays or special events and supplements may be applied.
Low Season: Jan – Feb – Dec
Mid Season: Mar – Apr – Jul – Nov
High Season: May – Jun – Aug – Sep – Oct
Largo Cesare Battisti, 28
39044 Egna (BZ) - ITALY
VAT N° - IT01652670215